Dr. Norman Nagel | Drawing Theologians | Graphite, 2022

Dr. Norman Nagel (Graphite on Bristol, 12"x9"), 2022

Dr. Norman Nagel always made everything about Jesus and His work. Though I never met Norman Nagel personally (my first year of seminary was his last year of teaching full-time), I have had the joy of listening to several recordings of interviews and sermons over the years. I listened to some of his discussion on the season of Lent while creating this drawing. I have always been fascinated with his ability to speak faithfully and artfully. To be able to speak and teach the way that he did takes a profound knowledge of the Scriptures and mastery of language. He had a way of filling every sentence with Jesus in ways that stick in your memory. He was truly a gift to the Church. Below is a link to some of his interviews. You will be blessed.

https://issuesetc.org/norman-nagel/


Popular Posts